Getting your LinkedIn® API Key
If you want to have advanced analytics you will need to specify your LinkedIn API key when configuring the CloudApply plugin. If you don't already have a LinkedIn® API key, you need one to use the Apply Plugin. Create a LinkedIn® API key and remember the API Key that is generated for you. It will look something like: d8amgl12v4ht. If you already have a LinkedIn® API key, you can reuse it.
To retrieve your API Key
- Navigate to https://developer.linkedin.com/.
- Click Sign In.
- Log in using your LinkedIn® account credentials.
- Click OK, I'll Allow It.
- From the Support menu, select API Keys.
- Click Add New Application.
On the Add New Application page, complete the required information for each field, noting the following:
In the Application Name field, enter a name for the application (e.g., Acme Staffing LinkedIn® Integration).
In the OAuth User Agreement Default Scope field, select the following scope:
- In the OAuth 2.0 Redirect URLs field, list the following, separating each by a comma:
- Click Add Application.
- On the Application Details page, copy the string of letters and numbers under the API Key and Secret Key fields and paste it into the API Key and Secret Key fields on the Configure Widget form back in ApplyMetrics; then complete the rest of the instructions above to finish enabling the integration.
- In the Application Name field, enter a name for the application (e.g., Acme Staffing LinkedIn® Integration).